Views
Helpful
Replies

NETPRO FORUM MODERATOR?

vladrac-ccna
Level 5
Level 5

Was it ever considered?

Does anyone else think we should have someone checking these posts and maybe organizing it ?

it seems to me that some people have problems using this forum.

Like including question in the wrong place, lack of information when asking, using the forum for different purpose (asking for job , for instance).

Please let me know,

Vlad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Vlad

There is a moderator for these forums. He does track them and does take action especially when there are inappropriate posts (like asking for a job, or advertising products or services). Issues like questions posed in the wrong forum, or asking questions when they seem not to have done much research are not something that the moderator can do much to control.

If you want to make suggestions or to point out posts that are not appropriate to the moderator there is a link on almost all NetPro pages for NetPro Feedback which will send an EMail to the moderator. When I have used this I have found him to be helpful and responsive.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Vlad

There is a moderator for these forums. He does track them and does take action especially when there are inappropriate posts (like asking for a job, or advertising products or services). Issues like questions posed in the wrong forum, or asking questions when they seem not to have done much research are not something that the moderator can do much to control.

If you want to make suggestions or to point out posts that are not appropriate to the moderator there is a link on almost all NetPro pages for NetPro Feedback which will send an EMail to the moderator. When I have used this I have found him to be helpful and responsive.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick for the reply.

I really like this forum and I dont like to see any kind of abuse.

But about lack of information on the posts.

Is there any link with suggestions like:

always try to provide specific IOS, platform, etc in your post when relevant.

or something like this?

Vlad

Vlad

I thought that I remembered something with suggestions like you mention that was linked from the NetPro pages. But when I look for it I do not find it. Perhaps it would be good if you use the NetPro Feedback link and send a suggestion that a page with that kind of suggestion should be created.

I agree with you that there are many questions that are posted that either do not describe clearly what the problem is, or that fail to provide essential information such as IOS version and feature set, or topology details, etc. If something could be done to get those people to formulate questions with better information it would help the entire forum. (But I think that achieving that will be quite difficult.)

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card