Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Assistant VERY SLOW

We use 3750 edge-switches connected to a 3750 to route the vlans. When we are directly connected to an edge-switch, Network Assistant runs very slow. If we use Network Assistant from a pc located on a different subnet the response is much faster. So why is it so much slower when we are directly connected to the switch we want to view?

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Network Assistant VERY SLOW

There are many many factors to cause this problem. May be speed/duplex mismatch, misconfiguration, switch hardware failure.

Please provide more detail info, e.g. switch config then we can troubleshoot the problem better.

Try to ping and trace from the PC (w/ Network assitant) to the destination switch to obverse the result.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jack. I have attached the configuration text from the edge switch and router. I'd appreciate any assistance. Again, we only see this problem if we are running N. A. on a loptop dirctly plugged into the switch. Otherwise, it's fine.

Silver

Thanks. for the config. Could you advise the laptop connect to which port in switch, which port in switch connect to which port in router ?

Moreover, why there is no IP address in VLAN 71 ? How the traffic route from this VLAN ? Please try to remove the "portfast" in the trunk port of the switch.

Hope this helps.

VLAN 71 is not active yet. Anyway, the solution I have found! THis is crazy. The laptops several engineers have been using were running on battery power and N.A. would run very slow. I had them apply AC power and N.A. ran nomal.

Thanks Jack

Silver

Thanks for the notification and it gained my experience for the battery will be a factor but.... it means the battery make the CPU running slow instead of the network slow. Thx. :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content