Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Network Design

I have five retail outlet and one warehouse and i wonder if i can connect all the retail outlet router to the router in Outlet #1. Some of the outlet is as far as 150 km. If i would like to connect all the outlet to the router in Oulet #1, does that mean that i need to use lease line ?? Is there anything wrong with the existing design ?? or is there anything i can improve on ??

3 REPLIES

Re: Network Design

You can use leased lines (but soon you will run out of ports on the router at Outlet #1). In situations like these, looking for a Frame-relay option is much better. You can use hub (outlet 1) and spoke (remaining outlets) topology in FR with a PVC running from each spoke to the hub. Then you can use a routing protocol such as EIGRP or OSPF to control routing.

The picture attached is too small, but I think you are using an IP VPN (managed service). YOu could run your own VPN across the internet with one site as hub (Outlet 1) and other remote outlets having a VPN connection to the hub. You can either use router to router based VPN with GRE and IPSec so that you can run a routing protocol such as EIGRP or OSPF, or you can use DMVPN.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns171/ns142/networking_solutions_white_papers_list.html

yeah.. i am using an IP VPN service.If i make outlet #1 as my hub, what are the hardware i need to use to connect outlet #2 to outlet #1 ??

If using point to point leased line or Frame-relay, you would need a router like 1700, 1800, 2600 or 2800, with a T1 wic on them (WIC-1-DSU-T1 or WIC-1DSU-T1-V2)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content