Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Network Solution

Hi all.

I need a network solution with following inventory and users/servers profile.

1-2 x 4503 Switches(cisco)

2-10 x 2950 Switches(cisco)

3-One ISA Server.

4-One Exchange Server

5-One DSL router for Internet Connectivity.

I have 4 sites and a single HQ. All the sties wii be connected to HQ over fiber using VPN.All the servers will have to be on central location.

Every site including central location have appx 100 users (WinXP).

Please suggest me some suitable solution. Security and Bandwidth saving is the main concern.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Network Solution

Hi Munawar;

I am not an expert but can suggest you few things as what routers are needed on each site for VPN and how will be the fiber terminated.If you can answer few questions like what do u have in mind for fiber termination who will provide u fiber termination in which area u r basically located.

I am in Islamabad, and may be PTCL providing us fiber fascility.

i will drop my fiber at ONT attached to 2950.i will not be using routers.4503 will be having L3 functionality,which will be in head office, while at site offices i be having 2950.

I will be using Private ip scheme.Shuld i use same subnet at all sites or diferetn subnets??

What do u suggest?Class b be a good choice.

Every site has almost 100 users.

Internet conneciton (DSL) be terminated at HQ and from there will be provided to all sites.

Assalaamualaikum,

It will be better to utilize L3 functionality of your 4503 switch as its not advisable to use L2 in WAN to avoide broadcast traffic in case of any virus/worm attack. You create VLAN's for different branches or based on departments/Applications. Class C also will be OK to use. Better involve your VPN service provider to configure to IP schemes.

Allah Haafiz,

Farhan.

Views
Helpful
Replies