Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

networking a Cisco (Comcast Business) DPC3939B Gateway to Cisco 2821 router

I have configured the 2821 to be the DHCP server correctly and have it routing through a small switch to 2 different laptops connected to the switch and assigning IP addresses.   I have the primary and  secondary DNS servers set to 75.75.76.76 and 75.75.75.75 respectively.  The issue is that I can't seem to get internet access to the laptops coming down through the 2821.  I have gone through as many Cisco guides as I can find and don't see anything that has helped me.  I know that it should be some sort of configuration setting but I can't find it.  I'm new to this so a detailed description would be much appreciated.  Thanks for responding.

2 REPLIES

Hello, it would be easier if

Hello,

it would be easier if you post the configuration, I think. Following your description, I would say a NAT-config is missing.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/network-address-translation-nat/13772-12.html

Torsten

Thank you for your response.

Thank you for your response.  I will try to post my configuration.  I thought that it might be the NAT-config.

Views
Helpful
Replies