Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 871 router

Hi guys, can anyone help me configure this new router?

The 4 ports in the back act as a switch, and I will like to disable that and configure each port individually

please advise

3 REPLIES

Re: New 871 router

Hi

Cisco 871 series router comes with one Fastethernet which acts as a wan interface and with 4 port managed switch which will act as your normal switch ports.

With Advanced IP Services IOS image you can configured 4 Vlans in the router and have the switch ports configured in different vlans.

regds

spremkumar,

thank you very much.... that's exactly what I did.

thank you for pointing me in the right direction... I didn't have the right IOS, so I had to get one with the proper feature sets that I needed

Now I want to know how do I tell the diffence whether or not they (the switch ports) were layer 2 or layer 3 ports..???

I had no clue, so if you have any links to articles, that will be great.

I got very confused because I bought a 4-port wic card the other day and I was able to go straight to those interfaces and IP them.

With these switch port interfaces, i couldn't IP

Although I got it now, I still want to learn more about it and have 100% understanding

thanks

Hi

Try to make use of show version command and check the difference i feel that should help.

Or else you can refer the data sheets for the particular product portfolio for the necessary details ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028a976.html

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content