Views
Helpful
Replies

New Network Design+MPLS+ASA

qasim11012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am working on this network design and was wondering if any of you would be able to help me with this.

The design is as follows:

MPLS Cloud.png

each site have two MPLS lines and the equipment on each site are CIsco ASA firewalls. Now it has to be configured in a way that the two data centres are in a active standby mode  and the failover has to be dynamic.

Having never worked on such designs I am really struggling with this and would really appreciate your help on this.

Please let me know you need further information.

Many thanks,

Qasim Khan

3 Replies 3

ankitg2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Qasim,

Is this MPLS cloud managed by you or it is with some service provider? Are you looking for help on the Firewall devices or PE devices in MPLS cloud?

Regds,

Ankit Gupta

Ankit Gupta Cisco Systems India

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your swift response.

Yes the MPLS cloud will be managed by us and will need help on ASA devices.

Basically, I want to know how it will work or the technologies/method we can use to make this work?

Many thanks,

Qasim

Hello Qasim,

Local-preference in MP-BGP can be used when configuring L3-VPN for all the sites as in this example HQ, DC1 & DC2.

This needs to be done:

1) Configure L3-VPN and include all the sites as in this example HQ, DC1 & DC2.

2) If DC1 is active than either lower the Local preference of DC2 connected PE router or make LP higher on DC1 connected PE router.

3) Now out of 2 links at DC1 & DC2 you can configure primary & secondary. Configuration depends on the routing protocol running between PE & CE at all the sites. For OSPF you can adjust the cost of the links connecting CE-PE, for BGP you can manipulate the attributes.

All the above configuration needs to be done on MPLS PE routers.

For configuring L3-vpn & PE-CE routing protocol you can follow any configuration guide depending on the platform & OS (IOS, IOS-XR,IOS-XE)

Please let me know for any concerns.

Regds,

Ankit Gupta

Ankit Gupta Cisco Systems India
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: