cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

new to thge BGP config

Hi folks,

I want to configure BGP but i am finding it very difficult to know BGP as I am new to this concept.

so, anyone can help me on thereotical and practical approach to configure bgp??

I have to configure my office router 2811 for two ISPs which will be acting as failover.

I have to start it from scratch, help me on this..!!!!!

and let me know if u want to anythng from my side...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

new to thge BGP config

unfortunatly nobody can  help you except yourself - first of all you need to invest a couple of days and read at least on cisco.com a couple of articales about BGP, after that you will able at least ask correct questions.

We can help you to configure BGP for a special usage but nobody will do the configuration for you.

5 REPLIES

new to thge BGP config

unfortunatly nobody can  help you except yourself - first of all you need to invest a couple of days and read at least on cisco.com a couple of articales about BGP, after that you will able at least ask correct questions.

We can help you to configure BGP for a special usage but nobody will do the configuration for you.

Re: new to thge BGP config

Hi Vishal,

As Konstantin suggested you need to do a bit of homework. but I can understand sometimes we are put in the spot and there is no time to waste. so I will try to give you some help here.

This link should help you in your set up. Let us know if you have further questions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009456d.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800945bf.shtml

HTH

Kishore

new to thge BGP config

hi kishor,

thanks for the link.

I want to setuop BGP with two ISP redundancy.

Whille reading document of BGP i came to know there are certain requirements to setup BGP

first is we have to have /24 pool from atleast one ISP and

AS number(is it private or public?)

I want to know what is it and why do we require this?

new to thge BGP config

Hi Vishal,

You assumption is correct.

If you are connected to two ISP requirement is

> Portable IP assignment from local registry: apnic for example. Because even if your ISP has asigned /24 ip your second ISP will not announce it because AS Blacklisting issue.

> Public AS asignment from registry..i.e apnic. By default they provide 4 byte AS number so you can ask for 2 byte AS number if that is your requirement.

Regards

Mahesh

new to thge BGP config

Hi,

as Mahesh has said, you need a public AS and a "PI" (Provider independet) subnet.

There is also a possibility to get from both ISP their PA subnets and with help of NAT get a failover configuration,

see this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_white_paper09186a0080091c8a.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content