Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie question on one static route on an SR 520

jack
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Easy one: What's the exact CLI command I need to run to create the following static route?

192.168.15.0/24 [1/0] via 0.0.0.0, Virtual-Access2

I'm subbing in for the Cisco admin while she's out, so A) I'll openly admit to asking a dumb question and B) the articles I've looked up on this topic go a little over my head to the point where I can't really discern whether they cover my question.

Thanks in advance

Jack

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi everyone,

Easy one: What's the exact CLI command I need to run to create the following static route?

192.168.15.0/24 [1/0] via 0.0.0.0, Virtual-Access2

I'm subbing in for the Cisco admin while she's out, so A) I'll openly admit to asking a dumb question and B) the articles I've looked up on this topic go a little over my head to the point where I can't really discern whether they cover my question.

Thanks in advance

Jack

Hi Jack,

Check out the below link for static route command

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ef7b2.shtml

ip route destination network subnet mask gateway, Genrally for information ip route commadn is broken down into brief 

The ip route command is broken down as follows:
·        ip route: The command issued to add a route to a routing table
·        192.168.x.x: The destination network
·        255.255.255.0: The subnet mask used on the network
·        192.168.10.66: Where to send a packet with a destination IP network of 192.168.10.96

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H
Remember to rate the helpful post

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you for the reply. I've read that article and do have an understanding of how to do a simple static route.

However, it seems what I need to do here is send packets to "0.0.0.0, Virtual-Access2" which I haven't had much luck adding... attempting to simply type 'ip route 192.168.15.0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0' does not work, so that article and information hasn't been too helpful for me.

I'd be indebted if I could learn by example and simply be shown the command to do this - or if it's more complicated than that, be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

Still looking for an answer to this; just need to find a way to set up a static route through the Virtual-Access2 interface. According to the documentation I need to just do the following:

ip route 192.168.15.0 255.255.255.0 Virtual-Access2

But Virtual-Access is not listed among the interface types for me to use; so that command just errors out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card