cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nexus 6000 switch vlan not working on access mode/port.

jrodriguez20
Level 1
Level 1

Came across a customer in our data center today and they were having trouble getting their new cisco nexus 6000 to allow them to ping laptop to laptop on 2 ports using the same vlan id , and the vlan and port in access mode. I made sure the vlan was active and was in access mode and that it was the access vlan. Grabbed a laptop within the same ip subnet of each other and could not ping neither. I even tried it on another nexus 6000 and finally came to the conclusion that this must be some type of new feature in cisco I don't know about.

4 Replies 4

uknowhu_99
Level 1
Level 1

I think the port has to be in trunk mode to access multiple vlans, I have been trying to trunk a port on the 6001 nexus today and was unsuccessful. i wanted to trunk it as i wanted multiple vlans to pass through that interface, i have tried to execute switch port trunk encapsulation dot1q but that command didnt even show up. Can you see switch port trunk encapsulation in cli?

Karan Puri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi jrodriguez20,

Please share the output of sh runn all int "ethernetname". Have you enabled any feature to fix this issue?

The customer called cisco support I believe before I came in this morning. They told me something about having to configure a Peer to Peer group or something like that. I still can't wrap my head around that. I am used to the Catalyst equipment and this is newer stuff.  When I looked in the manual, it didn't mention anything about peer to peer when configuring a vlan.

The ports have to be in access since the (2) ports are direct hand-offs to the laptops.

I don't think I saw the 802.1q encapsulation  command in the CLI either.?

At the time, I believe no features were enabled.....

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card