cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus Upgrade

balla-zoltan
Level 1
Level 1

We have two Nexus 5010 to test the solution. As part of the testing we upgraded the boxes from 4.2.1.N1.1 to 5.0.2.N1.1 and after the reboot the switch lost all of the VLANs. We put the VLANs back and when we got to the private VLANs we got the following error:

%PRIVATE_VLAN-2-PVLAN_ASSOC_UP_FAILED: Failed to bring up the association between 530 & 531

Did anyone have anything like that?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

During test phase, your local Cisco SE should be in charge of all the necessary pre-sales technical support.

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Balla,

Regarding this old post, I am just wondering if you get a chance to bring back the pvlan association UP ? If yes what did performed on your side.

I am indeed experiencing a similar issue with this error message.

Thanks a lot.

Karim

Hi Karim,

I had to associate the private VLANs again and it worked. My biggest concern was that during the upgrade I lost all of the VLAN configurations. When I opened a case about it I got the usual message, it is a bug. It turned out the under version 4.X the VLANs are created and stored differently than under version 5.X and there was nothing in place to convert the VLANs from the 4.X version to 5.X version.

Many thanks Balla for your feedback and the informations provided.

Best regards.

Karim

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card