Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-2CE1T1-PRI doubts

dear all,

is it possible to use diff 30 channels using this card. on both the ports can i create 30+30 total of 60 channels.

please give me some details.

i wil rate all the posts

Regards

Binoy.

4 Replies 4

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Binoy,

Yes you can have that level of granular control on using the separate 64/56 kbps channels of the t1/e1 pri circuits, in this module.

Have a look the URL for some details on these modules.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_feature_guide09186a00801af22a.html#wp1064900

Hope this helps.

-VJ

hello vijay thanks for your reply.

is it possible to have 30 different channels from a single e1 port. or is there any limitation like it will aloow only 2 diff channels. can you pls confirm this part.

awaiting your reply.

Regards

Binoy

Hi Binoy,

Yes. These modules are intended to be used in that manner. You can have logical grouping based on individual ds0's or a group of ds0's as you wish.

In traditional Hub and spoke topologies,

Typically these modules are used to cater individual Hub locations from one hub.

With just one physical module, you can have many remote links going to the spoke locations from hub, there by you reduce the number of physical interface required for every one of those links.

Hope this helps.

-VJ

Hi binoy,

I agree with Vijay.. Just to put it in nutshell, this card can be used for 2 purposes --- > 1) channelized E1 card - where you can configure multiple DS0 circuits and connect various branch offices via 64 Kbps leased circuits.. each DS0 circuit will be a point to point circuit, just representing a leased line.. you can configure a /30 on the interfaces and start using the links.. you need to specifically ask the ISP for such connections...

2) ISDN PRI - you can also use this card to terminate an ISDN PRI link, for dialin ISDN connections (say for backup for the primary leased circuits).. configuration of this card, varies accordingly... the ISP will give you an ISDN PRI circuit here !!

Hope this helps.. all the best..

Raj

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card