Views
Helpful
Replies

No Data in current interval

adam.craft
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if someone could explain this to me:

I have a 3845 router with several 2MFT-T1 interface cards and for some reason when I do a "sh controller t1 1/x/x" I see "Data in current interval (0 seconds elapsed)". Where as all other interfaces have several 15 minute intervals. Also, the interfaces in question show the "spm_count" incrementing up whereas the others do not.

Can anyone provide any insight on this issue? I'm concerned there might be errors on the line I'm not seeing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Ensure that the line is clean enough for transmission requirements. Shield the cable, if necessary.

Make sure that the cable is within the recommended length (no more than 50 feet [15.24 meters] or 25 feet [7.62 meters] for a T1 link).

Make sure that the local and remote CSU and DSUs are configured for the same framing and coding scheme as that used by the leased-line or other carrier service. One example is the Extended Superframe (ESF) and Binary 8-Zero Substitution (B8ZS).

If there is a problem with the framing and line coding configuration, then path or line code violations will be present in the output of the show controllers t1 command

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: