Views
Helpful
Replies

no logging events in my asr 1000

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Experts

i configured the logging parameters on my Cisco asr 1000 , but nothing was sent to my terminal monitor

logging on

logging buffered debugging

logging buffered 5

no logging console

then

debug ip bgp update

term mon

but nothing appear

pls help

jamil

7 Replies 7

Hi,

try "logging monitor".

Your logs will only appear in the logs. This way it will appear on term mon.

Dan

Hi Dan

some made me crazy when i issue the command sh run logging | beging logging , the only things seen is :

this asr will makes me crazy

Logging esm config

also when i issue the command sh logging , i dont see anything only buffer counter

thanks

jamil

Ibrahim,

I think that your logging buffered is set to "notifications" , why ?

logging buffered debugging <<<< this command sets the logging message severity 7

logging buffered 5   <<<<< this command will overwrite the previous setting and set the loggin message severity to 5 ( notification)

Configure "logging buffered debugging"

Then post : show logg.

Dan

Hi Dan

thanks for ur reply

what this : Logging esm config

i couldn't able to remove it via no Logging esm config

Hi ,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t2/feature/guide/gt_esm.html

The Embedded Syslog Manager (ESM) feature provides a programmable framework that allows you to filter, escalate, correlate, route, and customize system logging messages prior to delivery by the Cisco IOS system message logger.

The Embedded Syslog Manager (ESM) is a feature integrated in Cisco IOS software that allows complete control over system message logging at the source. ESM provides a programmatic interface to allow you to write custom filters that meet your specific needs in dealing with system logging.

Dan

Also the documentation states :

The ESM is not a replacement for the current UDP-based syslog mechanism; instead, it is an optional subsystem that can operate in parallel with the current system logging process. For example, you can continue to have the original syslog message stream collected by server A, while the filtered, correlated, or otherwise customized ESM logging stream is sent to server B. All of the current targets for syslog messages (console, monitor, buffer, and syslog host list) can be configured to receive either the original syslog stream or the ESM stream. The ESM stream can be further divided into user-defined streams and routed to collectors accordingly.

If you still have issues , you can post the entire "show logg" output.

Dan

Hi Dan

thanks for ur contribution

see y in another thread

jamil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card