Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

No OER BORDER command on CISCO 1812

Hi all!

As a Microsoft system architect I am relatively new in the field of programming CISCO IOS so please be patient if I am doing something on a wrong way.

We have a new CISCO 1812 integrated services router on wich I would like to turn on OER routing and configure the MASTER and BORDER roles on the same router. According to the documentation OER is supported on my box but when I enter "OER ?" help command only the "OER Master" option appears and the "OER BORDER" command throws an error (not surprisingly). Is it possible that a 1812 router can not be set up as an OER BORDER participant or are there some requirements for this command to show up?

I think this OER technology is relatively new, so there are not much resources to be found around... Please help me out in this matter!

Thanks,

Arnold Domschitz

5 REPLIES

Re: No OER BORDER command on CISCO 1812

hi

AFAIK master controller does the admin funtion based on the details collected from the border router.

If you have both master/border functionalities running in the same box then u need to use the loopback ip as the local interface id.

hope this link helps u out..

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008046460e.html

regds

VIP Purple

Hello Arnold,

the documentation on OER is indeed inconcusive. Judging by the information in the link below, you would need IOS version 12.3(8)T with 32MB memory to support OER:

Cisco Optimized Edge Routing 1.0 Q&A

http://www.ciscosystems.lt/en/US/netsol/ns471/netqa0900aecd800f5584.html

Regards,

GP

hi

AFAIK master controller does the admin funtion based on the details collected from the border router.

If you have both master/border functionalities running in the same box then u need to use the loopback ip as the local interface id.

hope this link helps u out..

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008046460e.html

regds

Hi Arnold,

according to the feature navigator the 1812 does not support OER. This will be probably the reason for the observed facts.

Again according the feature Navigator you need a 1841 to support OER starting with IOS 12.3(8)T

Hope this helps

Martin

P.S.: it could still be that the FN is not up to date. On the other hand there are most of the time undocumented or unsupported commands in each IOS version. So the existance of a command does not always mean it will be supported.

Hi!

Thanks for all the answers! Since I do not know this so called feature navigator I palainly relied on Cisco OER documentation wich clearly states that the 1800 series routers (not mentioning ANY particular modells) are OER capable. This is not (perfectly) true then...

Thanks,

Arnold

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content