cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP authencation in Nexus 7000

Rupesh Kashyap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have nexus 7000. I have enabled NTP feature & required configuration in main context. I need to use MD5 NTP key and authentication, but I m not getting any command in NTP. Please help.

2 Replies 2

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not supported as of now. Bug details CSCsv33349

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl

HTH, please rate if it does.

You can configure the device to authenticate the time sources to which the local clock is synchronized. When you enable NTP authentication, the device synchronizes to a time source only if the source carries one of the authentication keys specified by the ntp trusted-key command. The device drops any packets that fail the authentication check and prevents them from updating the local clock. NTP authentication is disabled by default.
Make sure that you configured the NTP server with the authentication keys that you plan to specify in this procedure. See the “Configuring an NTP Server and Peer” section for information.

Make sure that you are in the correct VDC. To change the VDC, use the switchto vdc command.
SUMMARY STEPS
1. config t

2. [no] ntp authentication-key number md5 md5-string

3. (Optional) show ntp authentication-keys

4. [no] ntp trusted-key number

5. (Optional) show ntp trusted-keys

6. [no] ntp authenticate

7. (Optional) show ntp authentication-status

8. (Optional) copy running-config startup-config

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco