Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NVRAM issue with the main WAN router

Hi everyone,

We have a Cisco 3660 as our core WAN router providing data and voice connectivity between 5 branch locations. It has been running fine for years. Suddenly this week after a power failure in the city when things came back... everything was fine except our core WAN router. I was not able to ping it or telnet to it. Finally I did a console connection and found that the configuration had changed. When I do

#sh running-config

it shows all interfaces administratively down and there was no routing or an IP configuration.

Now when I do

#sh startup-config

it gives following error:

%% Non-volatile configuration memory is not present

I do not know what this means.

I did #dir nvram: and it shows 0 bytes used.

Could someone advice whats going wrong here? We are down since 3 days and I have tried everything I knew and googling too didn't help much.

Thanx.

3 REPLIES

Re: NVRAM issue with the main WAN router

Hi,

I just wanted to add that we don't have the backup configuration. It's critical for us to recover the old configuration from the router.

Thanx.

Hi,

One more query, how can I look at the logs? I tried "sh log" but it didn't show all the logs. It just said that there are 52 logs stored. Is there any file that I need to check? Looking for your guidance.

Thanx.

Hi

Do you have any backup of the config files with you over there ?

This error occurs when you dont have the config file in the NVRAM also this can be a result of giving erase startup-config and reloading the router without saving anything.

Logs saved in buffer wont be available if the router is rebooted.So better to have a syslog server configured to collect the logs from the router.

These new logs will be of from the time the router is powered on after the power failure.

so regarding config part if you dont have the config file backed up with you better start configuring afresh..

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content