Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Occasional DLCI Deletion-Why?

I have about 85 sites that connect into an AT&T frame cloud. About once a day I will lose connection to a site. I usually report these outages to AT&T. After the site comes back up and I call AT&T for a reason for outage update they really can't give me an answer as to why the site went down. When I checked the router logs I find this entry in the logs:

*Sep 8 23:36:40.989: %FR-5-DLCICHANGE: Interface Serial0/0/0 - DLCI 501 state changed to INACTIVE

*Sep 8 23:37:40.990: %FR-5-DLCICHANGE: Interface Serial0/0/0 - DLCI 501 state changed to ACTIVE

Can anyone tell me what causes the DLCI to go inactive. This seems to be the common thread between all of the outages.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Occasional DLCI Deletion-Why?

Hi Mario,

Inactive DLCI indicate that the switch has this DLCI programmed but for some reason PVC is not up end-to-end. This may be because either there is no mapping (or incorrect mapping) for the local DLCI in the frame-relay cloud or the remote end of the PVC is Deleted.

Refer this for more detail:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk237/technologies_tech_note09186a008014f8a7.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies