Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

OER for automatic failover on brown out event

Hello mates,

I've read all post concerning OER. My customer has that particular and so natural need to prefer one ISP over the second (for political reason) while having automatic fail-over to the second (less-preferred) exit in case of link failure but also brown out event. I'd like to AVOID load balancing, and apply a strict active standby scenario but around finer events that a link failure

I thought OER was the answer.

My lab is made of 2 border routers, one being also the MC. 1 default route to the outside on each border redistributed with eigrp inside the network. One default route is preferred through metric degradation with a route map in a distribution list.

But right now I have not found how I could have the MC preferring the exit link having also the best defautl static route, as long as this exit-link remains in policy, and rerouting traffic to the second exit ONLY when the first preferred exit link gets out of policy.

after testing, I've noticed that while both exit link are in policy, MC will select one exit and then the other one, and then reroute again to the first.

My test flow are ftp.

Maybe the cost minimization policy could help but I don't understand how to use it.

As I'm new with OER, and as OER documentation is not yet quite large and filled up with tons of valuable best practices, i'll really appreciate someone's experience to accelerate my understanding :)

Thanks in advance

Views
Helpful
Replies