cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OPT-E-MAN info

skhirbash
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get some information on AT&T's OPT-E-MAN. I am involved in a big project that involves the converstion ot 25 sites from DS3s to Opt-E-Man but couldn't find any information on this service or how to configure the routers to handel this new service. Could anyone please share any information they have on Opt-E-Man?

Thanks,

sK

5 Replies 5

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

denizmazlum
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know it is ethernet hand-off, and uses dot1q tunneling.

nkochly
Level 1
Level 1

The main thing to remember is the CIR of the circuits. AT&T will police (drop) any traffic in excess of the CIR, so make sure that you shape the traffic to the CIR.

Other than that, work with AT&T to understand the VLAN assignments (if any) and you're all set.

Nathan (AT&T)

Thanks to all for the prompt responses. However, is there any white paper that explains Opt-E-Man technology?

Thanks,

sK

Yes there are many, but they are mostly sales BS.

Even the more technical ones don't truly explain anything. For me "anything" would be a Visio with ABSOLUTELY no little stupid cloud icons. There is no such thing, hello? The patch cords connects to a box which in tern connects to another box etc etc Nowhere is there any cloud period.

Only such Visio can explain the difference between their p2mp, p2p; mp2mp VLAN setup and exactly how the Fujitsu gear on the back creates the EVCs and how each configuration behaves in the real world.

If that thing is available for the mortals, do post post post!

Other than that, AT&T as the Opt-E-Man Prime Access site with some price generator XLS etc.

https://primeaccess.att.com/shell.cfm?section=89

~B

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card