Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OPT_E_MAN

Hello all,

Does anyone has some info about OPT_E_MAN, I want to run from A to B with two 3750.

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: OPT_E_MAN

It'll work fine. You'll probably want to route over the circuit. Otherwise, AT&T lines to charge you for Mac addresses coming across the circuit. Don't quote me but I believe they allow 32 before charging extra.

John

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

the easiest way is to set up a routed port. Say you want to use g1/0/1 on both switches. You'll configure each port as a routed port (no switchport) and then put an ip address on it. You can use a /30 between the 2 switches. It depends on what else you're going to want to do with this circuit as to if you'll need a routing protocol or just static routes.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 REPLIES

It'll work fine. You'll probably want to route over the circuit. Otherwise, AT&T lines to charge you for Mac addresses coming across the circuit. Don't quote me but I believe they allow 32 before charging extra.

John

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

OPT_E_MAN

Thanks John, do you have any template config or web site for that, I never done that before.

Thank you.

the easiest way is to set up a routed port. Say you want to use g1/0/1 on both switches. You'll configure each port as a routed port (no switchport) and then put an ip address on it. You can use a /30 between the 2 switches. It depends on what else you're going to want to do with this circuit as to if you'll need a routing protocol or just static routes.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Views
Helpful
Replies