cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF.Announce routes without interfaces.

ru-spawel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

At first sorry for my english, i am from russia.

I have cisco 1841 router in the branch office and the 2811 in the main organization. I can config only my router.

In my network i have some subnetworks in different VLANs. The core of the network is 3 Com switch with layer 3 routing. every subnetwork has as default router sub-interfase in switch and switch has default router cisco. in cisco i have static routes for every subnetwork in lan.

And now question. Now i am installing ipsec gre tunnel with chief office and i need to anounce over ospf my routes, but as a i know ospf can work only with networks which have the same interfaces in router. it mean that i cannot anounce routes to my subnetworks because i have only static routes for them, not interfaces.

Can you say me how can i announce these routes to another point in gre-tunnel.

Ofcourse i can ask system administrator in main office to write special routes in static table and it will be fine but it is interesting for me to solve this problem.

Maybe i can use loopback interfaces? i can add loopback interfaces to every vlan that i want to transmit over ospf, bit now i cant check this idea.

Cisco Guru cab You help me!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nkarpysh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pavel,

Did you consider option of use "redistribute static" comamnd under "router OSPF Process_number" process?

This will make OSPF to announce static routes to other OSPF neighbors. Loopback option also might work - but you will need to include loopbacks ip addresses with "network" command under OSPF process.

Hope should help if I understood your problem correctly.

Nik

HTH,
Niko

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ru-spawel
Level 1
Level 1

My idea with loopback doesnt work ((

nkarpysh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pavel,

Did you consider option of use "redistribute static" comamnd under "router OSPF Process_number" process?

This will make OSPF to announce static routes to other OSPF neighbors. Loopback option also might work - but you will need to include loopbacks ip addresses with "network" command under OSPF process.

Hope should help if I understood your problem correctly.

Nik

HTH,
Niko

"redistribute static" - that is what i need. thanks a lot!

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

You might want to "tag" the injected statics so it's easy to recognize them.

If needed, you can also filter which statics are injected into the OSPF topology.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card