Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSPF dual router solution and configuration

All,

I am looking solution OSPF   both load balance and  primary and backup scenario   design attached

Router and switch : OSPF area 6

router WAN :  OSPF area 0

Router to router cross connect : OSPF area 0

all connected subnet using /30 network

any doucment or tested and proved solution on  similar design  can be great help thank you

Regards

Lerner

Design updated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

first to improve your design

summariese from each of the routers from area 6 to area 0 ( use same summary prefix length if you want load balancing )

also you differnt area numbers for each site with switches like one side is 5 and the other is 6 and area 0 in the middle as you did

make sure that the L3 multi homed uplinks see both routers as next hop for the remote subnets when you do show Ip route

to achive this you need to make sure that the cost of the OSPF is identical end to end

2 REPLIES

first to improve your design

summariese from each of the routers from area 6 to area 0 ( use same summary prefix length if you want load balancing )

also you differnt area numbers for each site with switches like one side is 5 and the other is 6 and area 0 in the middle as you did

make sure that the L3 multi homed uplinks see both routers as next hop for the remote subnets when you do show Ip route

to achive this you need to make sure that the cost of the OSPF is identical end to end

Re: OSPF dual router solution and configuration

thank you  , let me put here what I understood

SITE A and SITE B switch SW1-SW4  need to send summarized routes  to the routers  R1 -R4 ,

On the WAN path R1 to R4 , R2 to R3 , R1 - R2 and R3-R4 all should equal cost .

change  one SITE B lan  Area 6 to AREA 5 ??.

It would be great , how to achive  redundancy  like traffic  R2 -R3  primary path & R1 - R4 backup

atached  modified design .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content