Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Implementation

kalshetty
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have my company network consists of 4 sites. Each one connected to other by Mugs.(Serail - 45 Mbps). In each site the main router in connected to other router which in connected to Firewall & then L3 Switch then L2 Switch & then Servers & Users.

Between 2 sites there is VPN Connection also. I have implement OSPF on this VPN network. Now there is static route.

So how can I implement OSPF?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Chandrakant,

You may need to configure GRE over IPSec Tunnel instead of the site-to-site VPN connection.

GRE over IPsec will forward the multicast packets that OSPF needs to build up neighbor relationship and send - receive updates.

Here's a link that can be useful for you describing how to configure GRE over IPSec with OSPF:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800a43f6.shtml

Cheers:

Istvan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Chandrakant,

You may need to configure GRE over IPSec Tunnel instead of the site-to-site VPN connection.

GRE over IPsec will forward the multicast packets that OSPF needs to build up neighbor relationship and send - receive updates.

Here's a link that can be useful for you describing how to configure GRE over IPSec with OSPF:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800a43f6.shtml

Cheers:

Istvan

HiIstvan,

Thank you very much for your valuable help.

Hi Chandrakant,

You're welcome of course.

Please rate my post if it was helpful.

Thank you:

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card