Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF load balancing with ADSL

sabeshkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 2 ADSL links and I need to implement a load balancing system between these links.

Does any one know how to do this?

3 Replies 3

blau grana
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Can you describe your topology? These links will be transport links or they will be used to connect some branch to your network?

If second scenario is correct, then OSPF will instal subnets to routing table via both links if you configure same OSPF cost on both links.

Best Regards

Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Best Regards Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Hi,

I have to ADSL links which is use to internet (links). I have connected those links with two cisco 871w routers (one for each link) and then I gave a connection between the router and the switch. In this case I can use only one link at a time I need to use both links so I thought to use a cisco 1841 router inbetween the 871 and the switch. Is this possible with OSPF please help me

Thank you

Hello

LB between two ISP's is very common and indeed recommended so providing we have enough information we should be able to assist you.

This topology isn't clear - you have mentioned 3 routers and a switch -Can you post a topology of this setup and define any routing protocols /static's routes.and ip addressing.

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card