Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

OSPF Load Balancing

I have a problem with two routers - one is 1721 and the other is 3660 - I have OSPF on the both routers and two links between them - From the 1721 to the 3660, load balancing is fine... However, the other way around, there is a problem with load balancing... One link always have more bandwidth than the other. So, in other words, when the traffic is going from the 3660 to the 1721, there is no load balancing. Please note that there is no ip route-cach command on both routers on all interfaces...

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: OSPF Load Balancing

Could you please verify that the 3660 has equal cost paths installed in the routing table for networks connected to the 1721.

Thanks,

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México 
Paseo de la Reforma 222 Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Re: OSPF Load Balancing

First make sure on both ends the ospf cost is same on both links or four interfaces.Depends what kind of loadbalancing is being done on both sites,either its packet based loadbalancing then it has to be same on both ends, or if its destination based then ip route cache must be turned on both ends.If its data/video traffic then i would recommend fast switching.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content