cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF over PIX to PIX VPN and split tunnel?

kghutton
Level 1
Level 1

I have done research with using OSPF over a PIX to PIX tunnel and this seems to be a valid solution for me but I can find no examples that allow both locations to use it's own internet connection. All examples show a Lan to Lan connection which forces all communication across the link, to the main sites internet connection, basically the default gateway forces all communication through the VPN at the remote site. I want to be able to use OSPF to form neighbors/adjacencies throught he VPN but allow the remote location to have a default gateway to it's internet router to allow all traffic except that destined for the other LAN (ie. all OSPF learned routes) This doesn't seem possible since OSPF sees the remote location as a STUB area and will inject a default route based on OSPF learned routes.

Is there a way to stop OSPF from injecting a default route at the remote location? Will a default route on the remote locations PIX override an OSPF injected default route?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Try configuring a default route locally on the remote site pix. I believe the PIX should over ride the default injected by OSPF

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I would think this would work. I do not have the PIX's yet, just trying to get a head start on my research. Once they arrive I will try this and see if it works.

Thanks,

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card