lrinetti62
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

i use Cisco router together with some

Juniper router. During maintenance time i

use the "set protocol ospf overload" in

Juniper to turn off traffic. It exists a

similar command in Cisco IOS (avoiding tu put a high OSPF cost on each interface) ?

5 Replies 5

vladrac-ccna
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, I really dont know anything about Juniper, so could you explain what this command do, and what you are looking for when you implemented it?

Vlad

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

hi...

To configure the router to signal other routers not to use it as an intermediate hop in their shortest path first (SPF) calculations, use the set-overload-bit command in router configuration mode. To remove the designation, use the no form of this command.

set-overload-bit [on-startup {seconds | wait-for-bgp}] [suppress {[interlevel] [external]}]

please rate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

Isnt this used for ISIS?

If what he's looking for is similar to what you've added , then, he's looking for:

max-metric router-lsa

To configure a router that is running the Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol to advertise a maximum metric so that other routers do not prefer the router as an intermediate hop in their shortest path first (SPF) calculations, use the max-metric router-lsa command in router configuration mode. To disable the advertisement of a maximum metric, use the no form of this command.

max-metric router-lsa [on-startup {seconds | wait-for-bgp}]

no max-metric router-lsa [on-startup {seconds | wait-for-bgp}]

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cr/hirp_r/rte_osph.htm#wp1001316

Vlad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card