Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

OSPF overload

Hi All

i use Cisco router together with some

Juniper router. During maintenance time i

use the "set protocol ospf overload" in

Juniper to turn off traffic. It exists a

similar command in Cisco IOS (avoiding tu put a high OSPF cost on each interface) ?

5 REPLIES

Re: OSPF overload

Hello, I really dont know anything about Juniper, so could you explain what this command do, and what you are looking for when you implemented it?

Vlad

hi...

To configure the router to signal other routers not to use it as an intermediate hop in their shortest path first (SPF) calculations, use the set-overload-bit command in router configuration mode. To remove the designation, use the no form of this command.

set-overload-bit [on-startup {seconds | wait-for-bgp}] [suppress {[interlevel] [external]}]

please rate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

Isnt this used for ISIS?

If what he's looking for is similar to what you've added , then, he's looking for:

max-metric router-lsa

To configure a router that is running the Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol to advertise a maximum metric so that other routers do not prefer the router as an intermediate hop in their shortest path first (SPF) calculations, use the max-metric router-lsa command in router configuration mode. To disable the advertisement of a maximum metric, use the no form of this command.

max-metric router-lsa [on-startup {seconds | wait-for-bgp}]

no max-metric router-lsa [on-startup {seconds | wait-for-bgp}]

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cr/hirp_r/rte_osph.htm#wp1001316

Vlad

Silver

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content