Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

OSPF routing assistance

Hello Team,

We are planing to establish a MAN link between two of our regional sites. These sites are already having direct connection to Primary and secondary Datacenter. But business requirement is since these sites are critical sites in the event of both the links down at the site then traffic has to go via this new link to other regional site and from there they are expecting forward the traffic to Datacenter.

We are already running OSPF between Remote Site and Datacenter.

Expectation is use OSPF only for new link between SiteA & SiteB as mentioned in the diagram.

Can some provide the inputs on this.

4 REPLIES
Silver

OSPF routing assistance

Not sure why only new link should run OSPF. It should be enabled on all routers.

Interconnecting core switches within each site would also help.

HTH.

Re: OSPF routing assistance

Hi Rais,

Thanks for your reply..

All the links are currently running with OSPF area 0 only. Now we are planing to bring new link also unders the same OSPF Area 0. Do i have to take any precausion before proceeding further on this is my doubt.

Like...do i have to use any higher cost vlaue like that. It is not suppose to distrub the existing links. Only in the event of loosing/failure of the connections to Datacenter, we have to use this Point-Point link to reach the datacenter. rest all time it should be in idea state. will this be possible.

Silver

OSPF routing assistance

You can increase the OSPF cost for this new link on both routers/sides and you are good.

HTH.

Re: OSPF routing assistance

The cost value will depend on the bandwidth of the links, check your ospf cost preference, make sure it is at least equal to the highest bandwidth so the ospf will prefer the higher bandwidth.
Also, you can configure aggressive timers or BFD for faster detection of the primary link went down

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content