Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

OSPF summary-address

Hi

Why does the following not work?

router ospf 1

redistribute connected

summary-address 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

I expect OSPF to distribute a default route but instead OSPF stops announcing any routes!

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: OSPF summary-address

The only mean to inject the default route in an OSPF autonomous system is through the use of the command "default-information" originate.

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México 
Paseo de la Reforma 222 Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Dave,

The 'summary-address' command is used in ASBR, router connecting to an external AS, and I am guessing this router may be connected to your ISP.

If that's the case then just like Harold stated configure 'default-information originate' under your OSPF process and the router would continue to inject a default route as long as it has a default route in it's routing table.

HTH

Sundar

Sundar

With bgp you will not get a default route from a peer so there is no default route in your routing table in the first place.

I want to summarise all bgp routes into a default route and only inject this default into ospf if the bgp session is up...

How would I make a default injection conditional?

Can you elaborate what you are trying to do?

Sundar

I have two bgp routers, each has a single peering session. I want each bgp router to annouce a default route into ospf but only if the bgp session is up.

Sounds simple but I cannot figure out how!

Have a look at the last example in this link titled 'conditional default origination'.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1826/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800877d7.html

HTH

Sundar

Views
Helpful
Replies