Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

overlapping?

Hi

Below is the description of the problem.

I've tried deleting all sub-interfaces on  the Juniper and tried re-adding one at a time. Sometimes it keeps the high CPU  on the switches (As we start seeing VRRP mac flaps as if something goes into a  loop) and other times it's fine,  but what is consistent is the  following:

We have a MGT vlan 2 ,   which is a L3VPN on the Juniper's  .  This is obviously carried on the Trunk ports between  the 2 Cisco Switches.  When I allow all vlan's on the Uplink Trunk ports on the  Cisco  to the Juniper and bring up Vlan 2 ,  I get packet loss and slow SSH  response to the 2 switches( CPU remains normal on the Cisco Switches i.e around  11%) on this MGT vlan .  If I only allow vlan 2 on the Trunk/Port channel up to  LONIR2(MX960) ,  It's fine.  I don't get packet loss or slow SSH,telnet etc etc  response times.  This only happens on the link between Cisco switch BRIIS2   (4948) and LONIR2(MX960). This is an issue occuring on 2 sites we currently  have.  The only common factor is that Virgin/NTL provide the tail circuit and  that it goes through our LONIR2 router. 

The packet loss and slow response I experience is when I’m  coming from  our MGT server that resides behind a MGT VPN .  This VPN is overlapped with this  MGT VPN to get to the Bristol site .

We currently have 16 sites with the same setup ,  some have LACP enabled  on the links(as some of the Telco carriers don't provide Link Loss forwarding)  and some we have not enabled.  On the sites this is occuring on , the one has  LACP enabled and the other does not,  so I don't believe this has anything to do  with traffic across the LACP link.

When testing all hops along the way I don’t get any packet loss or slow  response ,  it’s only end-to-end.

We've now run packet captures on both ends of the link and noticed  No  PVST+ information is coming across from the Bristol end.

Any suggestion are more than welcome

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content