cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PA-E3-CPE

awoog
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7204 router description with a reference PA-E3-CPE that I cannot find in the CISCO site (only PA-E3) -with the exception of two search results. Is it the same model or is it an obsolete card ?

9 Replies 9

yes but what is the difference between PA-E3-CPE and PA-E3. The pricing list has only the PA-E3 reference. BRgds

Dear Awooq,

PA-A3 port adapters used to connect Cisco 7000 series routers to ATM switching fabrics for transmitting and receiving data at rates of up to 155 Mbps.

The PA-E3 and PA-2E3 port adapters provide E3 interfaces for connecting Cisco 7000 series routers to E3 networks; each interface transmits and receives data at rates of up to 34 Mbps full-duplex.

So finally

PA-A3 an STM-1/OC3 Interface.

PA-E3 an E3 interface.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7000/4195pc70.htm

Best Regards,

Mounir Mohamed

Hello,

In the URL posted previously you can see that the 7204VXR/CPE is basically a typical 7204VXR sold with the additional option of choosing a PA from a list when you buy the router. I never had a PA-E3-CPE before (I did have a PA-E3), but I suspect that PA-E3-CPE means just that the component has not been sold individually, but rather in a special offer together with the body of the router. The 7204VXR/CPE reached status End-of-Sale as of July 23, 2007, so basically I believe that is the reason for not seeing the particular PA in the pricing list. The 7200 series is very flexible with PA usage (you can even use 7200 PA's in 7500 VIP's for example), so I believe this PA does not really differ in functionality from the usual PA-E3.

Kind Regards,

M.

Yes, i do agree, as per the document i posted above PA-E3 is the same as PA-E3-CPE but the CPE keyword added for special component order, Exactly as marikakis said.

thanks to both of you

Welcome.

Please rate helpful posts, and mark the conversation as solved if one of the posts solves your issue.

That's what I have tried to do - to rate the answer- but it doesn't seem to work. I'll try later

No problem do not waste your time and try later, rating the posts is just appreciation for the peoples who appreciate your situation and spent minutes to help you, but even if anybody doesn't appreciate the helpers no problem the guys will Continue to help each others and gain In depth knowledge.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card