cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PA-MC-T3 working on pt2pt connection not on SONET

p-blake
Level 1
Level 1

I attempted to cut a pt2pt Channelized DS3 over to a SONET connection and was unable to get the Circuits back up. We had to put the DS3 back on the pt2pt connection.

It looked as though there was a framing problem on the T3 Controller. The Telco said that the framing on the DS3 should be M13 but the only options on the T3 controller were [Auto/M23/C-Bit] None of these settings worked. We were moving the DS3 circuit from a FLM 150 to Flashwave hardware with an OC-12 running on it. I am currently running c7200-js-mz.122-24b.bin on the 7206VXR router.

Any suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

3 Replies 3

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, the options below are are what I get on a 7200vxr under the serial interface for the T3 card. M13 does show up. The card is a PA-T3, which is non channelized. There is a difference in the PA-MC-T3. We have both channelized T3's and clear channel T3's and the options for framing you stated show up under the controller for the channelized PA. I believe you are trying to connect the sonet link on a PA that will not support clear channel.

RTR(config)#int s3/0

RTR(config-if)#fram

RTR(config-if)#framing ?

bypass Bypass DS3 Framing

c-bit DS3 Framing C-bit

m13 DS3 Framing M13

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input. I am running Channelized on the T3 controller. I am thinking that the Telco has something configured incorrectly because I have 18 T1 serial interfaces on the T3 that I am trying to move over to the SONET. They work just fine on the Point to Point connection. We are Muxing the T1's onto individual channels on the T3 in the Central Office. I think there is a difference between Channelized and Clear Channel and that is where the problem is centered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card