Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Parallel P2P IS-Is link

Hi,

Can some body tell me if i have two parallel link between two routers and having IS-Is point to point configure ( /30 network for each link).Does it impact any way if one link fails interms of IS-Is adj and failover time ?

Regards,

Chintan.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Parallel P2P IS-Is link

Hello Chintan,

IS-IS is a link state protocol so the router can understand that the same node is at the remote end of both point-to-point links.(the net address is the exactly the same)

The same LSP data structure is sent out both links.

Of course if one link fails an IS-IS adj will go down but your router can still route and forward on the other link.

Both links are used in load-balancing if you don't configure different IS-IS costs.

Convergence is very fast just the time to rebuild the IS-IS adj on the restored link.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Re: Parallel P2P IS-Is link

Hi Giuseppe,

I have one link between two router having /30 and another link between same two router having /30. In that case this two router will have have Adj established on each link i mean both link or only on link. "show clns neighbour" or show isis neighbour" shows me remote router id two times with diff Circuit ID ??

I have been told by some one that it established adj on both link so now i am confused.

Chintan.

Views
Helpful
Replies