Views
Helpful
Replies

path code violation

bikash_bd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you tell me why the path code violatin is being increased?

bikash

5 Replies 5

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Bikash ,

Path Code Violations Increasing :

A Path code violation error event is a frame synchronization bit error in the D4 (SF) format, or a CRC error in the ESF format. Path code violations and line code violations are typically present simultaneously. Always verify that your line coding is correct.

Ensure the line coding configured on the port matches the line coding of the line. Look for "Line Code is {B8ZS|AMI}" in the show controller t1 output.

To change the line coding, use the linecode {ami | b8zs} command in controller configuration mode. For example:

maui-nas-03(config-controlle)#linecode b8zs

Change the line build-out using the cablelength long or cablelength short command.

Contact your Service Provider and consult the T1/E1 Controller Commands documentation for details on build-out settings.

Check the below link ...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00801095a3.shtml#topic5

Hope it helps you.

Thanks,

satish

Thanks

Hi,

I have E1 link. There is HDB3 and AMI .What should I do now?

Bikash

Hi Bikash ,

Did you check the linecode with telco ?

*** Set the line encoding according to your service provider's instructions.

Suppose if you haven't confgiured linecode then defalut would be HDB3.

check the below link for E1 config.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/cable/cab_rout/cfig_nts/5083e1p/5083conf.htm#43586

Thanks,

satish

melon_2
Level 1
Level 1

CV-P can also be caused by line errors on an active receive interface in the carrier's network along the path of the VT1.5.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card