Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Path Code Violations Trickle

I am getting a small intermittent trickle of path code violations on a router interface.  Sometimes, a 24 hour period will pass with only 2 - 6 violations and sometimes none.  As an example, over a 5 day period, I received 14 path code violations (which of course registered as errors on the serial interface).  Since these errors are at such a low pace, should I be concerned? The input-to-error ratio percentage on the serial interface is about 0.0003 %.  Should I be troubleshooting such a small number of path code violations that come and go like this?

4 REPLIES
Gold

that stuff drives me nuts. When did it start?

heres some hints and tips

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00801095a3.shtml#topic5

Intermittent for about a month now.  The circuit has gone down in the past, but for other reasons (at least according to the provider).  Seems stable for the past 3 weeks, with the exception of the path code violations.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hello Terry,

14 path violations in 5 days is not a real concern, and the circuit should be usable either for voice or for data services

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks Giuseppe.  That is my general assessment, but I wanted to get input from the brethren.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content