Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR Issue

vlad.vlaicu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys!

I am practicing some route-maps and I came across an issue I don't quite get. Please see the below topology

redistribute.JPG

My intention is to create a policy on Aggie so that when I have to route a packet destined to 192.168.13.1 to go right to Ace because with the current configuration, Aggies reaches 192.168.13.1 via Abu.

This is my configuration on Aggie:

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 192.168.23.2 255.255.255.0

ip policy route-map TO131

duplex auto

speed auto

!

interface FastEthernet1/0

ip address 192.168.12.2 255.255.255.0

ip policy route-map TO131

duplex auto

speed auto

!

access-list 100 permit ip host 192.168.23.2 host 192.168.13.1

!

route-map TO131 permit 10

match ip address 100

set ip next-hop 192.168.12.1

!

!

The issue is that although after my logic Aggie should reach 13.1 directly via Ace, is still goes through Abu. What am I missing? Please let me know you require additional topological configuration.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

PBR config must be applied on the interface receiving the traffic inbound if that traffic is forwarded or in global config for packets coming from the router itself. So in your case it should be configured in global configuration mode and not on the interface  like this: ip local policy route-map TO131

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

PBR config must be applied on the interface receiving the traffic inbound if that traffic is forwarded or in global config for packets coming from the router itself. So in your case it should be configured in global configuration mode and not on the interface  like this: ip local policy route-map TO131

Regards.

Alain.

That helped a lot. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: