cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX reading on 3560

dennissoto
Level 1
Level 1

As a tier 2 system technician I've been using Black Box Veri-Netpro tester to verify at client's desks that their switch ports are set correct (i.e. conectivity, set to auto, 100 full, etc.). Since certain Cisco switches were upgraded to 3560's I've been getting readings of "PBX". When I get with our Cisco network techs they don't have a clue on why I am getting that reading, they say the port is set to auto or 100 full usually and that's as far as they look. The port works for the user/machine, so my problem really is that my tester too is now useless since PBX doesn't tell me anything. It seems to me that there is probably some configuration setting in the Cisco that needs to be fixed. Any experts out there that can give me a clue that I can take back to our network guys? Thanks.

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco now offers IEEE 802.3af standard-compliant Power over Ethernet (PoE) options for its Intelligent Catalyst switching portfolio. IEEE 802.3af compliance is delivered in new PoE 10/100/1000 and 10/100 modules on the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series modular chassis; new PoE 10/100 Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series and Catalyst 3560 Series fixed-configuration switches. For more information, refer to Power Over Ethernet Solutions

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: