cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Per Packet Load - Sharing on GSR

Hi,

we are looking for a solution wherein our requirement is to provide load-sharing per packet. We are about to migrate on Cisco GSR 7600 series.We do not want ML-PPP option to club 4xE1 for 8Mb throttle. Can any one help us out?

6 REPLIES

Re: Per Packet Load - Sharing on GSR

Hello,

CEF can be configured to do per packet load sharing. "ip load-sharing per-packet"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008017cf2a.html#wp1081905

BUT:

Per-packet load balancing via CEF is not supported on Engine 2 Gigabit Switch Router (GSR) line cards (LCs).

The 7600 should support it.

Regards, Martin

Community Member

Hi Martin,

Thanks for info.

But our 12416 GSR is true for 2nd option Engine 2 Gigabit Switch Router (GSR) line cards (LCs). Can we have any solution for the above.

Hi,

what is the underlying problem you try to solve?

Regards, Martin

Community Member

Hi Martin,

As per our knowledge, GSR 12416 does not support per-packet load sharing due to its architecture. It supports only per-flow load sharing. Our problem is that we want to club 4xE1 ckts and wants to achieve 8Meg throttle. With per-flow, our end customer would not be able to utilize the bandwidth effectively. in current setup, we have deployed ESR 7206 and per-packet can be acheived. Hope this piece of information explain of what are we trying to achieve. Please suggest if anysort of workaround can be done.

Hm.

Seems you can not get what you want, but could get what you do not want: MLPPP.

Another (theoretical?) option would be Inverse Multiplexing ATM (IMA).

Regards, Martin

Community Member

Martin & rajeev128,

I am trying to do the exact same thing. CEF per-packet load share across multiple circuits. I have a 7600 (720+MSFC4) and the command does not exist. Very frustrating.

However, but I have seen documents that say CEF per-packet can be done on a 7600. But it seems to be on SX code which I can not load on my MSFC4 engine supports. (only SRB)

Any ideas anyone?

Does anyone know if a 7600 with a MSFC3 or lower card using SX IOS code can do CEF per-packet? Or even "no ip route-cache" ?

thanks,

pj

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content