cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Percent Blocking

hlc-hsanders
Level 1
Level 1

Reviewing carrier reports, I have ample bandwidth to receive calls however the carrier reports several occurrences of ring no answer. I tried running historical CRA reports but the findings are inconclusive. Any suggestions on how to identify the quantity of calls that are offered and go unanswered by the IVR? Perhaps a CallManager cause code? Should I focus on CTI Route Points or IVR ports or both? I believe the gateways can be ruled out.

~Long time reviewer, first time writer

:-)

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Ring no answer might still exist with an IVR.

After how many rings is the call answered by the IVR?

Perhaps your site also has DDI? In that case callers may hang up before the ring on the users phone has timed out .

An operator may not be able to answer all incoming calls in time, that is before the user becomes impatient and hangs up.

regards,

Leo

Not even a full ring before pickup. The IVR would pick up before having the caller would have the opportunity to route to the operator. Even if the caller abandoned, my carrier report would show some minutes of use. This CRA historical reports are not granular enough to quantify the "lost opportunities", any suggestions on CDR cause codes?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: