Helpful
Replies

Pix 515 VPN and traeroute and tunnel

tdalago911
Level 1
Level 1

I have a FTP server called Ftptran sitting behind a PIX "interface general"

a. My network diagram

Traffic from the ftpserver should pass the pix to the VPN then the destination. I'm having problem with the tunnel , the problem is with my local host " Ftptran"

Trouble shoot

Either a ping or traceroute go past the server.

b. attached is the traceroute from the Ftptran.

fig 2.

Attached is my reduced Pix configuration

My ?. how can I configure the tracerout th pass the PIx interface and I need help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

"Traceroute" command (which can be known as tracert on a PC, trace or traceroute on Cisco IOS® Software, or traceroute on UNIX) can be used to troubleshoot connectivity. The traceroute command can operate differently based on the operating system of the source device.

Refer the section "Use the traceroute Command to Get to the PIX Interfaces" present in the following url which provides more information related to the issue:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a00800e9312.shtml#topic3

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

"Traceroute" command (which can be known as tracert on a PC, trace or traceroute on Cisco IOS® Software, or traceroute on UNIX) can be used to troubleshoot connectivity. The traceroute command can operate differently based on the operating system of the source device.

Refer the section "Use the traceroute Command to Get to the PIX Interfaces" present in the following url which provides more information related to the issue:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a00800e9312.shtml#topic3

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card