Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Pix with exchange server!

Hi

PS Throw light to the following Scenario:

an internet router connected to the ISP,WE Recently removed the ISA And replaced pix firewall with 3 interface. interface 1 of the pix connected to the internet router via a cross cable.interface 2(10.100.10.100) connected to the lan segment;now i need to publish the exchange server(10.100.10.101) to the internet!what would be the config on the pix to meet the previous required?

10xs for ur reply

6 REPLIES

Re: Pix with exchange server!

Well,

static (dmz, outside) public_ip_of_exchange 10.100.10.101

access-list outside permit tcp any host public_ip_of_exchange eq 25

would do :)

If you want to publish some other service (like pop3, nntp or similiar) just add it to an access-list...

Also, take care of what is published (both access-list and static from inside) from inside to DMZ...

Hi

10xs for ur reply.do u have a link or white paper That similate my scenario?

10xs

Purple

Hi,

I suggest you go through this document, which outlines the various ways in which you can enable inbound connectivity through your firewall:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008017278e.html#wp1001972

Hope that helps - pls do rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Hi Paresh thanks a lot!

H Paresh1

i have 1 question!i have been reading all ur posts in these forums.how did u know all this usefull links for every issue, and provide it to helped the people in this forum?u know every thing about every thing in cisco products?even the usefull links

i hope if u answer me?

10xs paresh

Purple

You give me too much credit, mate ! I only answer posts on things that I actually know about and I keep a list of some useful bookmarks that allow me to get to most of these links. For example, the one I pointed you to was straight out of the PIX configuration guide...

In any case, it's a pleasure to be of assistance.

Regards,

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content