Views
Helpful
Replies

Plz help me

mkarthick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 routers, 1 is in HO and another 1 is in regional office these 2 sites are connected through lease line.. I have 1 PRI in regional office, in which all the branches are connected by ISDN .My question is i want some of my branches to connect HO, But they should be authenticated in regional office only and i want to forward that network into my HO. Whether this is possible or not? If possible which routing protocol should i use (All Cisco devices only) and how ?

Regards,

Karthick

2 Replies 2

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Karthick,

What kind of authentication you are looking for. Are you looking for route authenctcation sent by brach router to the RO.If you are looking for the same, then you have use a routing protocol for the route authentication between the branch routers and the RO router.You can use RipV2,EIGRP,OSPF for the same.

If that's not the case, this can be possible. You can use both the combination of static routes an the routing protocl if you want. You already have all the branch routers coming into regional office and what you want is just a static defualt route on the branch routers pointing towards the RO.

At the RO you can run a routing protocol between the RO and the HO and it should work fine.

Let us know if some have some other requirement and we will take it.

HTH,

-amit singh

Hi Amit singh,

Thankyou so much Amit for your reply.. It's really helpful to me,Can i get any sample configuration.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card