Views
Helpful
Replies

Point-to-Point Multilink: One T1 is UP/Down

jomar050485
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A client recently ordered another T1 between their locations. I don't believe they requested it to be bonded. I configured both ends to use ppp multilink but one of the T1s stays in a UP/DOWN state. I use the same config that I always use (its pretty simple..) but I can't get that other T1 to come online. We tried swapping the T1s and the UP/DOWN follows the specific line. ATT says the T1 is fine.

Does a T1 need to be specifically ordered as bonded through ATT? Any other ideas as to why one is up/down?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's down due because faulty circuit.

It's normal that telco says otherwise. They always do, before being shown otherwise.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's down due because faulty circuit.

It's normal that telco says otherwise. They always do, before being shown otherwise.

Thanks. Are you saying that nothing has to be specifically ordered to make them bonded? Is that all in my config?

You'll need to order MLP for them to configure it on their side before it will work on yours... Otherwise, it'll be considered as 2 separate circuits.

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

If the T1s are between your own locations, you don't have to order anything special, and will be two separate circuits.

If they are  to ATT servicea, as j.blakley is assuming above, you will have to order them budled.

In both cases, interface up/down indicates faulty circuit, bonded or not.

jomar050485
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like everyone is correct. I called ATT again and forced them to run the tests and they were unable to loop the smartjack. They are dispatching.

I will post back with results.

Very good, please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card