Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy Based Routing

Amin Shaikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Looking at the diagram attached, its a pure IPSEC over GRE Tunnel.

All Branches terminates at HQ and working ok. All Branches access Oracle, Email, JD-Apps, Intranet server from HQ over the tunnel on 8MB link only.

Now struggling to configure PBR between HQ to Branch#8.

At Branch#8 there is a dedicated Internet Link with 2MB for Oracle Traffic from HQ.This link is

terminated as IPSEC over GRE Tunnel to HQ.

From Branch#8 other traffic then Oracle should be send via Tunnel configured for 1MB Link.

At HQ there is a dedicated internet link with 3MB to send return traffic for Oracle to Branch#8

All other branches should access Oracle Server from HQ on Tunnel configured for 8MB.

I got some help earlier on this forum but didnt work.

16 Replies 16

Amin

1) When you apply PBR on vlan 12 if you code the access list correctly so that it identifies only Oracle traffic going to branch8 then applying PBR will not impact other branches access to Oracle at HQ.

2) You do need something at branch8 to send its Oracle traffic over link 2. PBR is an alternative for doing this. But I believe, based on your drawing, that a more simple answer would be to configure a host specific static route for the address of the Oracle server and pointing it to link2.

3) A third Internet link is certainly an option and should work for branches other than branch8. But I would think it would be more cost effective to increase the bandwidth of the second Internet link and use it for redundancy to the branches.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank u Sir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card