Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy Based Routing

gavin.mckee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

How do I tell my router to send traffic from a particular VLAN (146) out through a particular interface.

The data from VLAN146 is replication data. At present it goes out through interface 8/0/0 I want it to go through interface 9/0/0 all other traffic should go via 8/0/0.

Any help would be great.

Gav

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gavin,

Not a problem.

Let us know how you did with it :-)

Good Luck!

-Sundar

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gavin,

Please see the below link for help in configuring this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801cddc5.html#1001052

In Summary what you need to do is

1. Create an access list matching source IP of VLAN 146.

2. In a route map match this ACL

3. Set next hop as your 9/0/0 interface

All the remaining traffic will not be a match so it will be routed as per the default route or routing table

Thanks for your help on this...

I understand that the interface the route map should be configured on is the inbound interface from VLAN144. I am configuring the route map on a 6509 in Hybrid mode. I take it I go into the VLAN144 interface on the 6509 and configure the route map here.

Am I right?

Gavin

Do you have a router connecting to the LAN and want to forward traffic through this router or you are routing the traffic from the switch itself.

Hi,

See the diagram that I have included. VLAN 144 is active on the MSFC. There are many others! I want to route anything form VLAN 144 over the 34Mbps link to London BCP then onward from London BCP to London! At the moment the the traffic is just routed across the 34Mbps Link from Belfast to London.

So to answer your question the traffic is routed from the 6509 switch.

Gavin

Yes, if you want to alter the forwarding decision using Policy Based Routing for all traffic arriving on VLAN 144 then you go into config mode on interface vlan144 and configure ip policy route-map

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Gavin,

The config below is what you need. It would force all traffic from vlan 144 to go out s9/0/0. You don't need an ACL.

route-map TEST permit 10

set interface s9/0/0

int vlan 144

ip policy route-map TEST

HTH,

Sundar

Sundar,

Thank you vey much for taking the time to answer this posting. I'll add this to my current config file and test it on monday.

It great that you all you guys take the time to help Junior Engineers out (CCNA).

Gavin

Gavin,

Not a problem.

Let us know how you did with it :-)

Good Luck!

-Sundar

Sundar,

Your solution worked great. I think I'll be looking into adding more detail to the route-map decision making process.

Thanks

Gavin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card