Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

policy-map

Can some one help me out in undertanding better about the bandwidth command which we use in policy-maps. Usually I use priority percent or bandwidth or priority inside the class-map. I am wondering how this bandwidth command works, is it working like a statistical multiplexing as it works in frame-relay which automatically adjust according to the traffic or its fixed, for example

Class video

priority percent 50

Will it be always occupying the fixed 50 % of the bandwidth for video irrespective of its current bandwidth or will it be adjusting itself to 20% when there is only 20% of the video traffic and providing space of 80% of the other traffics.

Thanks

Rajesh

1 REPLY
Super Bronze

Re: policy-map

Hi

The bandwidth commands allocate a minimum amount of bandwidth to a class - if there isn't traffic there to fill the allocation, other best effort traffic will burst to use this allocation.

So setting 'priority percent 50' does NOT mean that 50% of your BW will be unused when you aren't running video over it..

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content