cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

port mirroring on cisco 3845 router

olakunle06
Level 1
Level 1

please i want to mirror fron int g0/0 to fa4/8 on the router.pls i need the config to setup this.i need help

9 Replies 9

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

As i understand you have a router with G0/0 interface connecting to a switch on port 4/8

Choose a spare port on the switch which will act as the destination port (say 4 /12)

monitor session 1 source interface 4/8

monitor session 1 destination interface 4/12

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml

Narayan

monitor session 1 destination interface fastethernet 4/8

monitor session 1 source interface gigabitethernet0/0 .

but the router is not taking the last command.am mirroring from the ge0/0 interface to fa4/8 on a thesame router 3845.i mean mirroring on thesame router

Ah... so you have a switch module on the router

i dont think it is poosible to mirror the router fe ports to a switch module connected to the same router..

Narayan

is it possible to mirror the router Ge port to a Fastethernet switch module connected to the same router 3845

Olakunle

Perhaps I am not understanding something in your request. But port monitoring is a function done on a switch and not on a router. Does this router have a switch module installed as one of its cards?

Perhaps you can supply some additional detail about the router and about what you are trying to do, so that we can understand better and be able to give you better answers.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

i have a 16PORT-WIC installed on the router 3845 and i want to mirror from the gigabit interface 0/0 to the one of the ports on the WIC.

i could issue.

monitor session 1 destination source interface fa0/0.

but IOS is not allowing.

monitor session 1 source source interface ge0/0

i dont know why,is this not possible

I think that you only can mirror the ports on the 16 ports wic module.

Olakunle

I do not believe that it is possible to mirror from a Gig interface of the router to a switch port on the switch module in the router. That is why the router does not accept the second command.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hey everyone,

Another scenario: i have a 16PORT-WIC installed on the router 3845 and i want to mirror from the  interface f1/5 (WIC) to the one of the ports on the WIC (f1/6).

Thanks in advance

Laur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco