cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPP multilink question/confusion........!

gauravshar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

If i have a PPP multilink ineterface at one side of poin to point link, is it necessary to have multilink interface at the other side of the link? Why I'm asking this question is : we have a PPP multilink interface (4XT1) at remote site and then we have a T3/DS3 interface at hub site (other side of point to point link). Some three such sites has to share the BW at this hub site DS3/T3. Will it be possible to have subinterfaces created and then create multilink interfaces by coupling those subinterfaces?

Seeking help....!

--gaurav

2 Replies 2

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI Gaurav, [Pls Rate if HELPS]

This requirement is not possible. For a MultiLink to work the Bundle should be created at both side.

Also, the end - to - end capacitiy of the Bundle should be equal enough to support the easy flow of data traffic without any drops or other. Because by default the MLPPP will load balance the Link ie., its not Per-Packet or Per-destination.

The traffic will be equally splitted in a ratio based on the LOAD over the T1 Link's Bundled on the Multilink Interface.

Hope I am Informative.

Pls Rate if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Hello Gaurav and Guru,

if Gaurav's remote sites have 4T1 each, as access link, and the remote site is a DS3 he could ask his provider to use FR multilink instead of PPP multilink for the access link and FR at the hub site. So you can define one different FR DLCI for each remote site under different p-to-p subif at the hub site.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: